Start Date: 9/14/2017 8:00 AM CDT
End Date: 9/14/2017 5:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Lafayette County Central Fire Station Location:
50 County Rd 1032
Oxford, AK United States 38655
Event Website: www.ruraltraining.org
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
The goal of this 8-hour awareness-level course is to teach participants the basics of mass fatality response while providing the opportunities to exchange rural perceptions and brainstorm solutions to simulated emergencies. Responding to a mass fatality incident, which includes the recovery, identification, and reunification of the deceased, is one of the most difficult aspects of a disaster response. Regardless of the agencies or organizations that respond, whether they be governmental agencies or private or non-governmental organizations (NGOs), the responsibility to coordinate and manage these outside resources rests with local authorities.
Topics covered include but are not limited to:
- Define a mass fatality and list the types of mass fatalities and possiblemass fatality scenarios in respective jurisdiction.
- Identify methods of obtaining Federal resources.
- Identify issues to be considered in mass fatality response planning.
- Explain the importance of mass fatality response planning.
- Identify potential federal, state and private resources included in aresponse plan.
- Describe the ongoing process of mass fatality response planning.
*Please note all foreign nationals need to complete a Department ofHomeland Security Foreign National Visitor Request Form in order to attend this course.